Tainui is a PB4L school. PB4L School-Wide looks at behaviour and learning from a whole-of-school as well as an individual child perspective. The framework is based on international evidence.
The Positive Behaviour for Learning School-Wide framework, otherwise known as PB4L School-Wide, is helping New Zealand schools build a culture where positive behaviour and learning is a way of life. The framework has been tailored to our own school’s environment and cultural needs.
It’s not about changing the students; it’s about changing the environment, systems and practices so that we support our tamariki to make positive behaviour choices.
Encourage Positive Behaviours
Positive behaviour can be learnt. A safe and caring environment that supports positive learning behaviour needs to be created.
Tips for success:
you can’t do it alone – kia mahitahi, work (and learn) as a team
- show children and young people you care, show that you believe in them, show that you trust them and play with them often
- have high (and realistic) expectations for children and young people. They will rise to these
- family and whānau usually know their children or young people best – involve them and you increase your chances of connecting with a child or young person children and young people don’t always know how to behave – you need to teach, regularly practice and positively reinforce the behaviour you want to see
- provide the foundations for all children and young people to learn and succeed – make sure all of your school or systems support positive behaviour
- remember the quiet ones – those who internalise their behaviour (e.g. withdraw or sulk) need the same positive attentions as those who externalise behaviour.
No Tolerance for Bullying
Here is our definition of what bullying is.
Ka Pai Pie
Here is our Ka Pai Pie Chart which encourages the children to make the right choices.